New World Update 3.0.1
New World's Latest Patch is here! Check out the full patch notes for info on Artifacts, Crafting & More.
New World Update 3.0.1 downtime will begin at 11:00PM PT (6:00AM UTC) on October 17 and last approximately 1 hour. Transform into some of your favorite characters like Captain Thorpe to celebrate the spooky season in Nightveil Hallow. This update also includes the Umbral Rites store release, a community mount showcase, and more. Check out the full release below.
Nightveil Hallow returns as Baalphazu, Marquis of Terror rises once again on October 18 until November 14. Banish the shadowy demon back to the darkness, don unique costumes, and trick-or-treat for new candy rewards. You can also purchase new and returning event-specific items in the Event Shop.
Umbral Rite Store Release
Spirits from beyond the grave roam more freely on Aeternum than the world at large. Best they don't know you too intimately. Check out skins like the Séance Mask Bundle, the Fatebound Ossuary Weapon Bundle, Midnight Portents Armor Bundle, and the Ritual Hut, plus a T-rex walk emote and more. Which will you add to your collection?
October 18 Update: The Development Team made additional changes late in our release cycle and missed the original patch note deadline, but these changes were included in the latest patch.
- Improved engine performance for world asset streaming, allowing objects to load in faster with less visual hitches.
- Improved client stability by fixing a number of client crashes that were introduced with the recent expansion release.
- Improved server stability by fixing a number of server crashes that were introduced with the recent expansion.
- Fixed an issue that caused AI to have a very small rendering distance, giving the appearance that they were only spawning "right on top" of the player.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused the error 'Character_Restore_Failure' upon character login to a world.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to go out of bounds during the Medusa soul trial in Elysian Wilds.
- Fixed an audio issue with Medusa’s VO.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Ifrit in Empyrean Forge to perform other attacks during Flamethrower.
- Updated entry requirements for trial during 'Beyond the Gates' quest
- The Tier 4 Azoth Staff will now be received through the new main story quests in Edengrove, as well as still recognized by the old main story quests.
- Adjusted encounter in the Staff of Wizardry quest to ensure players are consistently able to retrigger the encounter for proper progression.
- Fixed an issue that prevented progress for multiple players in the ‘Plague for all Factions’ quest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented progress in the ‘A Friend in Need’ Quest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented simultaneous progress in the quests ‘Tracking the Herd’ and ‘Abducted Artificer’.
- Fixed an issue that didn’t alert players to a timed encounter in the quest ‘Factions Untied’.
- Fixed an issue that prevented NPCs from appearing in the quest ‘The Best of Aeternum’.
- Fixed an issue with VOs in the Beast Lords and New Eden cinematics.
- Fixed an issue that prevented progress in the ‘Purge: Brysedd Shore’ Faction mission.
- Fixed an issue that displayed the incorrect Landmark difficulty inside ‘Dance of the Fireflies’.
- Fixing an issue that prevented Joven from exiting his cage in Dynasty Shipyard.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from teleporting or summoning their mount at Shrines.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Razor Azalea to spawn under a rock.
- Fixed an issue that prevented progression in the ‘First Light, Last Stand’ quest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from progressing 'Dance of the Fireflies'.
- Blocked off an unintended route to the Tribunal Highmound POI.
- Added missing water to pool in the Saircor Orrey.
- Added a wall in Nyharts Anchorage to prevent players from becoming stuck in the structure.
- The Patriarchs in Kurok's Anchorage will now respawn faster when more players are in the vicinity in order to ease bottlenecking.
- Reduced the number of local AI during the 'The Invasion of Artemis' quest in order to lower the difficulty.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Elite Overlord Moonflower Floe from spawning.
- Added camp placement prevention to all quest interactable locations, reducing the opportunity for griefing behavior from other players.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the 'To Warm The Soul Warden' from being completed. Pedro can now be found at the outpost when the player arrives.
- Fixed an issue where players could become soft-locked while the client awaits a successful response from the server for fast-traveling or summoning a mount when the nearby vicinity is overloaded with other players.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Sundering Javelin perk’s tooltip to not mention the cooldown reduction.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to take damage behind Fort & Outpost gates and prevented repairs.
- Fixed an issue that caused inconsistent results when unequipping a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where One-Handed Sword's 'Defensive Formation' ultimate was unintentionally able to be removed by the Void Gauntlet's 'Nullifying Oblivion' perk.
- Increased Influence Race win requirements and the value of Influence Watches to balance against completing missions as a form of ending a race too quickly. The Influence Watches are now worth 30 points every 5 seconds and provide a 20% bonus. Known issue: the tooltip for the Watches are not updated, however, the map flyout will show the correct numbers.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Endless Thirst artifact to increase the cooldown of non-healing related consumables.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Magnetic Gauntlets Artifact to reduce critical damage to a lower value than non-critical damage.
- Anhk Amulet Artifact - Center of Attention Perk - Reduced both positive and negative values from 50% to 25%
- Unyielding Helm Artifact - Hard Head Perk - Added additional functionality that reduces weight to allow usage with more equipment loads.
- Fixed an issue where the Well Rounded perk on the Attuned Leather Pants artifact was not properly giving 10 to all stats and was not displaying on the tooltip correctly with the Magnify perk.
- Adjusted PvP Track obtained Artifacts to no longer require unique PvP kills and instead track general PvP kills.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Fortifies applied by Flail's Barrage ability from being dispelled by effects that removes buffs.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Flail's Arcane Vortex Flailing Stability upgrade to cleanse applied status effects that should not be able to be dispelled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Flail Barrage, Arcane Eruption, and Arcane Vortex abilities to stop or cut short if activated while blocking.
- Adjusted Barrage to not block cancel during the start up, prior to forward transition, if block is held. The block now has to be pressed to trigger the start up block cancel.
- Adjusted the timing of the block and dodge cancels to be after the second hit of Vortex instead of the first. This also lines up better with the player’s position.
- Adjusted the timing of the block cancel for Arcane Eruption to line up better with the player's body position to reduce wonky animations during the cancel.
- Fixed an issue that caused sheathed weapons to make loud sounds when riding a mount.
- Fixed an issue that caused mounts to not animate correctly in various situations like being fed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the mount race timer to not show up after players exited an Expedition.
- Fixed an issue that prevented progression for players that crafted Vittles in the 'Hungry as a Horse' quest.
- Adjusted the label for Mount Attachments in the store to make it clear that they’re attachment skins and not items.
- Shortened 4 mount races based on player feedback: Four Seasons Tour, Barrens and Bogs Tour, Island Tour, and Sands and Storms Tour
- Fixed an issue with several mount attachment icons that appeared to be squished.
ECONOMY, PROGRESSION, & GEAR
- Cooking Aptitude Boxes now have a chance to roll bananas.
- Trophy mats now drop out of furnishing Aptitude Crates as intended.
- The clothing patterns for the 700 Gear Score Gathering sets now have the proper icons.
- Fixed an issue that caused the icons on the Mythril Rings and Earrings to flip.
- Fixed an issue that caused Timeless shard recipes for Mythril Rings and Mythril Earrings to require the wrong materials.
- Mythril Jewelry that use Timeless Shards or Scarabs will now have the proper attribute amounts.
- Expansion Furnishing recipes have had their ingredients updated to better fit the items being crafted.
- Fixed an issue that caused Black Gypsum to drop at a faster rate than intended.
- Added Dark Matter and Transmog Token Purses to Elysian Wilds Elite Chests.
- Added the Flail Timeless Shard as possible loot to the Aptitude Chests for Arcana.
- Wars and Invasions will now reward Dark Matter upon completion. The amount depends on your reward tier.
- Invasions can reward 50 or 75 Dark Matter.
- Wars can reward higher level players up to 100 Dark Matter.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Available Rewards screen to display incorrectly when viewing Mutators for Starstone Barrows, Dynasty Shipyard, and The Depths. This fix causes some grey items to display in the rewards section, but these items will roll perks correctly. A more comprehensive fix is coming in the future.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain AI in The Depths and Dynasty Shipyard to drop old items with Perks that players should no longer be able to obtain.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain items to roll with Perks that should have been unavailable at their Gear Score.
- Rank 6 Faction Round Shields have had their Refreshing Ward Perk swapped to Keenly Empowered.
- Some Mutator accessories cannot be updated and will instead drop as a fixed version. The previous Perks like Focused and Refreshing Ward should now drop as perks valid at that Gear Score.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a mount item from dropping in the Savage Divide.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Harbinger Life and Fire Staves to swap icons.
- Fixed an issue that caused a duplicate Health perk on the King of the Jungle Head armor.
- Fixed an issue that caused ‘Dance of the Fireflies’ rewards to roll at a lower Gear Score than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused items to be lost when moving in-bulk to a storage that doesn't have enough capacity.
- The game will now immediately activate Rise of the Angry Earth upon purchase rather than on sign in.
- Fixed an issue that softlocked players when cancelling a pending purchase in the store.
- Fixed an issue that caused damage and health previews to be incorrect when spending points on the Attributes screen.
- Fixed an issue with Legendary Beast tooltip images.
- Fixed an issue with the display size and resolution for Influence Race results.
- Fixed an issue that caused reputation rewards to display incorrectly after completing a War or Invasion.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Influence Race results screen to not properly display Influence defended.
- Fixed an issue where the client could become soft-locked if the In-game Store purchasing flow inside the Steam Overlay was cancelled with the ESC key.
- Fixed an issue where Fort locks would not display on the Fort capture point flag.
- Fixed a loading screen that wasn't displaying an image, resulting in a white screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause improper size scaling of the Tradeskill XP flyout wheel.
- Fixed an issue that could cause personal map markers to either not register or become displaced from their desired location.
- Fixed an issue where the Player Info panel was misaligned against other players' info on the Invasion Results screen.
- Fixed an issue that could improperly order a pinned quest's objectives if the objectives were location based.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get two credits for killing a named objective (ex: Kill 10 beasts).
- Fixed a typo in the title of the "Faction Family" Season Journey task.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the "Salvage Tier 5 Items" Season Activity from progressing when salvaging Umbral Shards.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Flail kills from contributing toward Season Activities that require kills with a one handed weapon.
- Fixed an issue that caused Season Pass Items to become unclaimable.
- Fixed a Season Activity that had listed an incorrect target objective, updating directions from "Kill enemies in Malevolence" to "Kill enemies in Tor Mallacht".